Judicial Center Library
Serving the California Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal, First Appellate District
~ Mission Statement ~
The California Judicial Center Library serves all members of the Supreme Court of California and the Court of Appeal First District and is open to the Judicial Council. The CJCL provides outstanding and innovative information services by creating, developing, preserving, and supporting appropriate current and historical resources; promotes the dissemination of information; and serves as a gateway to educating users about information sources in, and beyond, the scope of its collections.
Hours & Location
The library is open 24/7 to its primary clientele, but is not open to the public. Staff services are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm (except State holidays) and by request.
California Judicial Center Library
455 Golden Gate Avenue, Room 4617
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 865-7194 fax
- Research and reference services.
- Collection development, including acquisition of suggested or recommended titles.
- Library orientations and tours.
- Bibliographic instruction and training in the use of online and other published information resources.
- Interlibrary loan.
- Online research databases, including LexisNexis and Westlaw.
- Maintenance and updating of chambers and central collections.
Questions? Read more about the library and see our FAQ section →